Star Valley Middle School Library
Life is an adventure.
Sometimes it's fun, sometimes a challenge and sometimes a downright trudge. At the SVMS library, we try to make a difference in the lives of our students by creating a space where students come to engage with the adventure of learning. We do this by offering new challenges and programs designed to create a love of learning. We like to see ourselves as the testing zone for any kind of new and exciting educational experience.
Reading Resources for STUDENTS
Looking for Reading Material?
- Gale Resources Database:https://youtu.be/5mOUtNZKUns
- the password to Gale Databases is: library
- If you access our Gale Databases (see above link), there are thousands of non-fiction articles on every subject.
- Here are the AR books in our SVMS ebook collection by Title
- Science Books: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1chqQgGyKAp4Py71fuaQWKBcLzi7EoPM-kVaKcSZzyY4/edit?usp=sharing
- Geography Books: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Ks3CRkFD4misIplMWqtr2c00DTL1FDvUd6x3yCVIFg/edit?usp=sharing
- Math Books: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HbqXnjDgpfdkBDDVk5VZVPnJrDaBfYZpWq6ut7MRjok/edit?usp=sharing
- History Books: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pFTpvzZw5HMQJ99Od0WOP0eVxDMW3OtsQvJ557zLxmQ/edit?usp=sharing
Resources for TEACHERS
Here are a few YouTube videos we have created to help you use digital resources to teach remotely.
How to create a QuickTime Player Video: https://youtu.be/rN13M-M_DKo
How to post videos on your YouTube Channel: https://youtu.be/NsB6d6LIFqQ
How to use the "disussion" feature on your YouTube channel to answer student questions: https://youtu.be/CdhtaWr9uiQ
How to find non-fiction ebooks using our Gale Resources Database:https://youtu.be/5mOUtNZKUns
Gale Database Research Tips and Tricks:https://youtu.be/YMulahSPwsw
Defined Learning: Project-based Learning
We have been piloting this program, in the library for the past 2 months, it is fantastic. It is a Project-based teaching platform that is easy to use and has all the resources attached. If our "social distancing" ends up taking longer than expected, this may be a great tool to use. All projects are STEM related and allow a student to see a problem through a career-type lens.
How to access this program:https://youtu.be/sdXp5mMozxk
Finding your project: https://s3-video.definedstem.com/pd/module1.mp4
Assign and Share: https://s3-video.definedstem.com/pd/module3.mp4
Evaluating and Assessing Student Work: https://s3-video.definedstem.com/pd/module4.mp4
Creating your Class: https://s3-video.definedstem.com/pd/module5.mp4
Teacher Groups: https://s3-video.definedstem.com/pd/module7.mp4
I love adventures of every kind! Nearly everyday I open a book to enter a new adventure. I crave these adventures and can't wait to see what else I can experience. My favorite kind of adventures are those I get to see with my own eyes. Traveling to places I have already discovered in books, is a thrill I try to repeat often. My current adventure as the District Librarian is helping the kids at Lincoln County School District embark on their own epic adventures!
I love adventure of any kind, whether I find it in the pages of the latest book I’m reading or in my real life! Reading, traveling and spending time with my family are some of my favorite things. I love working in the library at SVMS, it is an adventure everyday!